How to participate
To participate in the project, you must submit your idea to us by clicking on the link at the top right corner of this page.
Please note that for groups made up of more than one participant, only one idea must be uploaded, by the group leader.
Below are the specifications.
What to write
To be assessed, the idea must be submitted in a brief essay (maximum 1000 words) including the following elements:
- The specific problem (related to the theme of the competition) that you wish to address, and the country or countries and/or geographical area to which the analysis refers
- The essential data (economic, environmental and/or social) related to the situation in question
- The idea proposed to solve the problem referred to in point (1)
- Technical and economic elements that enable the feasibility of the idea referred to in point (3) to be evaluated
In particular, you will be asked to enter:
a) the name of the group leader and those of any other team members
b) your University and country of origin
c) the title of the project idea
d) an abstract of the idea (max 200 words)
e) a file containing the description of the idea that shall:
- be a maximum of 1000 words
- written in English
- have clear and simple graphics (minimum font Arial 12)
- be up to 10 Mb
f) be complete (i.e. require the addition of no other attachments)
g) name of the file: SubjectArea_Name_FamilyName(of Group Leader)
You can sign up from June 18, 2012 through August 20, 2012, using the application form on the site.
The 10 best ideas will be presented and assessed at the 4th International Forum on Food & Nutrition to be held in Milan on November 28 and 29, 2012.
Enjoy your work!